Monday, March 14, 2011

In the Soil

What’s in the soil downtown this April; an arts festival that will delight and inspire you. In the Soil, Niagara’s Homegrown Arts Festival is rounding the corner on its third year.
Developed in 2008, the festival was created in the idea and realization of all the terrific talent in downtown St. Catharines and throughout the Niagara Region. Four vibrant members of the arts community founded the festival and put out the call to artists; you must have a tie to the Niagara Region and create original works to contribute.
April 27 to May 1 you can check out this years line-up of talent showcased throughout downtown at various locations.
Get down and dirty In the Soil the last weekend in April.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information shanon. I like to be involved in the activities of the community, reason why i want to invite everyone to the Folk Arts Festival here in St catharines during the last week of may, at the montebello park. It is a great opportunity to learn about the different cultures in our town and it is free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to check this festival out since it started, so hopefully this year I will make it out. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea this festival was taking place, thanks so much for telling us about it! Would definetly be something fun to check out on a spring weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this festival but I'm really interested in going to see it! your last line is the best haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting, I will have to make the drive to see what kind of talent St kitts has.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this festival, but it sounds very interesting. It seems like somehting that I might like to check out.
    Thanks for the informations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Shannon...
    I too have never heard of the festival but will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete